Last week I published a tweet that read:
I reluctantly went for a run today. Didn’t really feel like it but I went anyway.
I took a run along the beach and came across a stranded dolphin and some people rescuing it.
I helped. It was incredible.
Go for that run🏃♂️
Do that thing🙌
Life is out there. Waiting for you👍
— Travis Lima (@travislima) January 10, 2019
This is what I learned from this amazing unexpected event.
- Get going with those things you want to get going with.
- Life is happening, right now. With or without you.
- Don’t hesitate to step up and help.
- Your feelings, no matter how real can really keep you down.
- Life is weird.
- Don’t give up. Keep trying. No matter how small just keep taking one step forward.
- Make time for yourself. Alone. Thinking time. No devices, books or media.
- Be mindful.
- Work to make each day great. A few tiny simple victories can equivalate to the most amazing day ever.
- Start each day with journaling. Write down what the most amazing yet reasonable day would be and to you and make it happen, captain.
- Go on that run.
Life is out there. Waiting for you.
For those of you wondering about what happened to the dolphin, I am happy to report that it has been successfully returned to the ocean. I was fortunate enough to find the video of the rescue and release of this magnificent creature here: